Dog Training Cancellation Policy
Life happens. People get sick, dogs get sick, I get sick, you get called into work. I understand, and for that reason I have been very liberal with cancellations. In fact, I've never had a formal cancellation policy. But a recent rash of cancellations (including 3 in the past 2 days!) has forced me to rethink this and subsequently change that.
My morning and weekend appointments fill up quickly - to the tune of a 3-4 week wait, so it's not fair to people and dogs who are often in desperate need of a consultation, immediate intervention and/or training, have to wait (sometimes for weeks), when people who have those time slots cancel at the last minute or be "no-shows".
So, effective immediately, going forward here is my new cancellation policy:
• All sessions must be prepaid.
• Verbal bookings will be held for 24 hours. If payment is not made within 44 hours that booking may be forfeited.
It is the client's responsibility to contact Zippity Do Dog Training and Behavior Modification in the event that a training session will need to be rescheduled, under the following cancellation terms:
• Cancellations received 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment will be accepted without penalty.
• Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to scheduled appointment will be subject to a $35 rescheduling fee.
• One "emergency" cancellation (less than 24 hours notice) will be accepted without penalty.
• Subsequent cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment will result in the forfeiture of that session, with no refund.
• Cancellations due to inclement weather are never subject to penalty. Inclement weather is defined as Hard Driving Rain and T-storms, Snow/Sleet or threat of either, Extreme Cold and in some cases Extreme Heat.
I still think I am being very liberal with this policy. It's aim is not to punish anyone for canceling, but to make scheduling easier for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thank you for your understanding.